Home / QMS Implementation
ISO 9001:2008 QMS Implentation
What is this about?
ISO 9001:2008 is an internationally recognised standard for Quality Management System Requirements. This four-day programme assists delegates not to only evaluate the importance of quality standards in relation to their business operations and products but the following are also covered:
- The meaning of Quality
- Application of Quality Management Systems in any type of business
- The benefits of implementing a Quality Management System
- All the requirements spelled out in the chapters of the ISO 9001:2008 standard
- How to apply the requirements of the standard in practical situations at work
- The role of staff in implementing and maintaining a QMS
- The role of the organization in implementing ISO 9001:2008
- The process for certification in ISO 9001:2008
Why should you enroll?
In general, the local industry has great skills gaps in understanding quality management standards, and specifically implementation of the ISO 9001:2008 quality management systems. This course, above just an awareness course, is deeper elaboration on the principles and application in business of quality management systems. A greater portion of the program me is focused on explaining and defining the practical application of the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 standard. Since the course will be run by trainers who have a lot of industry implementation experience, a more practical than academic approach expected in the delivery of this program me.
This is a short course, meant to meet local industry gaps in the area of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems.
What are the topics covered?
The program covers the following main areas:
- Quality Management Fundamentals
- Establishing an ISO 9001:2008 based QMS
- Role of Top Management
- Resource Management
- Controls for the making of products & the provision of service in QMS (Product/Service Realization)
- Improving the performance of a QMS
What is the duration?
This is a 4 - day course
Who should attend?
- Individuals assigned the responsibility to implement quality management systems in their organization
- Individuals who need to understand the benefits of quality management for their organization
- Those interested in or starting a career in quality management
- Chief executive officers (CEOs) / managing directors / business unit leaders / departmental heads
- Management representatives appointed in terms of the standard - clause 5.5.2
- Departmental quality representatives
- Individuals identified by management for further development